As received: Easter update from Southeastern
I’m getting in touch with a “bumper update” to share some more information about changes to our train services this coming Easter bank holiday weekend, as well as information on our new Ticket Machine Price Guarantee, and our joint actions with Network Rail following the severe weather disruption in late February and early March.
Engineering work planned for the Easter bank holiday weekend 2018
Friday 30 March
• On Good Friday, our service will run to our usual Saturday timetable.
• The only exception is between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, where Network Rail are carrying out improvement work to address drainage problems and renew the tracks in the Sevenoaks tunnel.
• We’ll be running replacement buses between these two stations, Hastings services will be diverted via East Croydon, and there’ll be an amended train service between Hastings and Tonbridge.
• Mainline services via Ashford International will be diverted via Maidstone East, and a shuttle service will run between Tonbridge and Ashford International.
Saturday 31 March
• We’ll be running our usual Saturday timetable, and the line between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge remains closed while Network Rail continue their work.
• We’ll be running the same diversions, modified services and replacement buses as on Good Friday, with the exception that Hastings services are not able to run via East Croydon due to further Network Rail improvement work on the line into London.
Sunday 1 April
• We’ll be running our usual Sunday timetable, but Network Rail improvement works will close the lines between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, Dover Priory and Folkestone Central, Canterbury East and Deal, and between Slade Green, Sidcup and Dartford.
• We’ll be running replacement bus services between Folkestone West and Deal, via Dover Priory
• We’ll also be running two replacement bus services per hour between Dover Priory and Canterbury East – one non-stop, and one calling at all stations.
• There are also engineering works on the line between Nunhead and Shortlands, which means that our services into London Victoria will be diverted via Herne Hill, and there will be no services between London Victoria and Dartford.
• We’ll be running replacement buses between Herne Hill and Denmark Hill, and passengers for Dartford can take replacement buses from Slade Green.
• The line between London Cannon Street and Hayes is also closed, and there will be replacement bus services from Lewisham to all stations on the Hayes line.
Monday 2 April
• On Easter Monday our service will run to our usual Saturday timetable.
• The only exception is between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, where Network Rail continue their improvement work to the Sevenoaks tunnel.
• The same train diversions and alternative transport arrangements will apply as on Good Friday.
Ticket machine price guarantee
We know that sometimes passengers aren’t sure whether they’ve chosen the cheapest ticket for their journey when they buy them from ticket vending machines. Perhaps if they’re in a rush, don’t regularly use the machines, or there are several options for the same journey – maybe with different route restrictions or at different times of the day.
We’re continuing to work on improving the experience of passengers when they use our ticket vending machines, and in addition, we’ve now introduced a “Ticket Machine Price Guarantee”.
This means that if a passenger purchases a ticket from one of our vending machines, but is then able to find a ticket for the same journey elsewhere but for a lower price, we’ll refund the difference. Passengers should contact us with copies of their tickets to request a refund.
Severe weather disruption – week commencing 26 February
We know that many of our passengers were affected by disruption to our rail services during the severe weather in late February and early March. We’d like to sincerely apologise to those passengers whose journeys were disrupted, and especially those stranded on trains during icy conditions on Friday 2 March.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions
Senior External Communications Manager